Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Note to Self and Others:

Let me take you back to my introduction post, where I explained the entire purpose of my blog.  I wrote, "My theory is this: people have become so consumed by their own busy lives, that they are no longer aware of the people around them.  Because we are unaware, we are impolite.  The obvious fix for this would be to look outside of ourselves..."

One way I was wanting to do this was by interviewing people around Flagstaff, to introduce them to the world and remind others that individuals we don't know are not simply scenery to the background of our lives; they are people, with lives of their own.  So far, I have only heard back from one person who was willing to fill out my interview questionnaire.  I will work on finding more recruits so we can get to know some of our neighbors here in Flag, AZ!

In the meantime, if YOU are interested in filling out a questionnaire about yourself, drop me an email (alr264[at]nau[dot]edu) or leave me a comment, and I can email you the questions.  Also, remember you are always ALWAYS welcome to write your own post for me to put up on this blog!  Instructions for doing so can be read here.

Challenge for the Day:
Get involved!  Be aware of the needs of others...and then write and tell me all about it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I will gladly fill out your questionnaire. You should ask all of us in class to fill it out, so we can help out with your project. Today my best friend and I were discussing how people tend to ignore others. My best friend witnessed a girl who was having trouble opening the door to a resident hall because she was carrying several packages and how three or more people just walked right past her. RUDE if I do say so, but my best friend hurried to this girl's aid. This is why I love my friends they care more for others and notice when people are in need of assistance. Just a little story that I had to post.

    ReplyDelete