Background

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Easter Bunny is REAL.

And the reason I know he's real is because he left me a hefty bundle of cash in an envelope on my door.  What a kind soul he is!


...Ok, I admit, it probably wasn't ACTUALLY the Easter Bunny.  I'm sure he focuses on going to homes with children. :)  But whoever his helper happened to be is my new best friend!  I have my suspicions of who his helper was, but I will keep said suspicions to myself.

Story time!  Read on for a tale of inspiration and kindness:

Saturday was pretty rough for me and my hubby.  We had a lot going on and just felt the stress of adult life in general...running errands, paying bills, etc.  To top it all off, we received a call from our credit union, informing us that our debit cards had been frozen.  Apparently, someone in Pennsylvania got a hold of our card number and was going on fun little spending sprees.  Because we live far from any of our credit union branches, we had to wait til Monday (today) to have access to my fax machine at work in order to fill out paperwork and get everything cleared up.  In the meantime, we had no access to our money, or what was left of it.

Like any other normal human being would do in my situation, I whined about it on Facebook.  Because that's the logical thing to do when you can't fix a problem.  And lo and behold, on Sunday morning when we were rushing off to church (a few minutes late as usual), we found an envelope with a cute little "HAPPY EASTER :D " printed on it.  I thought it was a nice card from my neighbors, so I grabbed it and casually opened it in the car.  No card...but there was a pretty little bit of mulah in there!

I was so overwhelmed with gratitude I wanted to cry.  Again, I have a sneaking suspicion that Easter Bunny's little helper is someone in particular whom I know and love very well...but I will never know for sure.  Either way, I am so humbly grateful that someone was kind enough to put out so much money for my/my husband's sakes.  Because I am unable to pay them back, it seems my only option is to pay it forward.  I invite all of you to do the same on our behalf!

Challenge for the Day:
Fork out some extra cash.  (Feed someone's parking meter, pay for a load at the laundromat, give your spare change when someone asks for it, leave an extra generous tip...etc.)

2 comments:

  1. My sister has three daughters. December 25, 2010 they found three small bundles of gifts designed specifically for each daughter outside their door. Santa is real. Even though the kids are too young to truly appreciate it, my sister did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends was having financial trouble, and NAU put a hold on his account so he could not register for classes, because he owed money. However, because he couldn't register for classes he could not receive his financial aid to pay off the hold on his account. It was a bad cycle, so another friend and I pooled together $700 in order to get the hold off his account and keep him in school. It's his dream job to become a judge. These are the kinds of people that need to be able to go to college. $700 was a small price to pay for helping secure his future.

    ReplyDelete