Background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Guest Post: Lisa Travers

I was thrilled to open my email the other day and find this guest post submission from Lisa Travers of the blog L!$@'s Life.  I have never met Lisa before, so it was exciting to have her feedback and hear her input about my project.  I love the story that she told, and am pleased to share it with all of you now:

Finding parking at university can be a daily struggle! You either have to pay to be in the carparks everyday, fight for a free close park or give up and park further away and walk in. When I am running late I often try to get a spot in the carpark and just pay. Sometimes I'll pay for the whole day, even if I know I'll be leaving early. When I do leave leave early I try to give my ticket to someone else so they don't have to pay. Just a simple gesture because I won't be needing it.

Well the other day, I REALLY needed a quick and close park because I was running quite late. Thankfully I saw a spot free, saw that the car next to it was leaving, so I let them back out and then parked. While trying to find enough money to pay for the time I needed I heard a tap on the window. Turning I saw a guy, the one who had just left, offering me his ticket that was until the end of the day. I was shocked and ever so grateful! I thanked him and then proceeded to get my things together and headed to meet for a group project. 

I literally couldn't stop smiling for the next half hour or so, I must have looked so funny, but it was nice to have someone give me their ticket when I needed it. The best bit is that I wouldn't have had enough cash to pay for the time I needed and would have needed to move my car between classes and been late to the second lot.

So be kind, help when you can, you never know when your simple act of kindness will really help someone else out.

1 comment:

  1. Amy! I love your blog.... I have been reading and following along, just not commenting! anyways, here is a link to my friends blog post she just wrote. I asked if I could share it with you, because it was such a nice thing some stranger did for them, and now she is paying it forward. You don't have to post it on here, if you don't want! I just thought I'd share it with you, though!
    http://angiedeesphotography.blogspot.com/2012/04/paying-it-forward.html?m=1

    Hope you guys are doing well! can't wait til the little guy gets here!

    ReplyDelete