Background

Friday, March 16, 2012

Ten Days

For those of you who look at my blog on a regular basis, I apologize for my brief hiatus.  I've been kind of MIA from every aspect of life...work, classes, my internship, normal errands...blah.  I've been alternating between being bedridden and running around frantically trying to catch up on parts of life I've missed.  Forgive me, dear readers!

It has now been ten days since I've posted, and there have been so many things I've seen or heard that I desperately have wanted to blog about.  And maybe because I've been sick, I've been less tolerant of, well, everything.  I've been noticing more and more rude behaviors, and my number one gripe with the city of Flagstaff is ALL OF THE AWFUL DRIVERS.



Here is a brief list of driving offenses that have frustrated me:

-Running red lights.
-Narrowly missing pedestrians in the crosswalk.
-Smoking marijuana while driving.  Seriously, guys?  Medicinal or not, that's just dumb.
-Cutting through my apartment's tiny lot in order to avoid the three-way stop on the road...and almost running down my husband standing by our mailbox.
-Driving 15 mph under the speed limit.
-Assuming the light is turning green, creeping into the intersection, and then slamming your breaks when you realize oncoming traffic has a green arrow.
-Driving down oncoming traffic's turn lane in order to pass the traffic jam in your own lane (and me almost hitting you head-on as I'm merging into the turn lane).
-Tailgating.
-Texting while driving.
-Seeing someone using their turn signal wanting to merge in front of you, and speeding up so they can't.
-Bumping a parked car, and leaving the scene.
-Blocking the intersection because the lane in front of you is backed up, and you didn't want to stop behind the line.

Honestly, I could go on for hours about the horrible driving habits of Flagstaff residents.  But because making this list is getting me wound up, I'm going to stop there.  If you're as outraged as I am, click HERE for a little comic relief.  Actually, just click it anyway because it's pretty funny. :)

I hope I will have a more cheery post for you in the near future...again, I apologize it has been so long since I've checked in!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and please, PLEASE stay safe on the roads.  There are some crazies out there.

Challenge for the Day:
Follow ALL traffic rules, even turning lane-to-lane, and stopping instead of "slow rolling" at stop signs.  And for the love of all that is good in this world, please only drive sober.  Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. One of the best things about Montana is how polite the drivers are. Seriously, the majority of the drivers here are kind, patient and courteous. Yesterday I was in my yard and the dog across the street got out and ran over to my yard, there was a truck driving down the road, this driver stopped and waited, in case the dog ran out in front of him, then got out of the car and tried to help catch the dog. It's so easy to get used to the courtesy of kind drivers, people waving you in, small town people waving hello (even when they don't know you), hardly anyone tailgates... it is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think that's bad, you should see the drivers here in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Flagstaff and PA are right next to each other instead of 100's of miles apart. I've almost watched a car take out a Amish buggy. Stupid person couldn't wait until it was safe to pass them, and nearly took out the horse just to get around when there was on coming traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...I totally live under a rock and never get out to travel. It's interesting to hear how traffic is in other states!

    Maybe I'll visit Montana someday soon just for a break from crazy drivers. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete