Background

Friday, March 2, 2012

Chivalry is not dead

Walmart is not the first place I'd expect to see acts of kindness that impress me enough to write about.  But maybe there's just a stigma against Walmart customers.

I was standing in one of Walmart's notoriously long check-out lines today, and was so excited when I got up to the register that I almost didn't notice that a little ways behind me was a little older woman with a big cart full of stuff.  The young man directly behind me turned to her as she struggled to pull a case of water bottles out, and asked, "Would you like me to get that for you, ma'am?"  My heart melted.

Challenge for the Day:
Lighten someone's load.

1 comment:

  1. The stigma is real. I'm glad to know this guy's AoK (Act of Kindness [Why must it be random?]) didn't go unnoticed.

    Also, I hope you got your heart on ice to solidify it after AoK guy melted it.

    ReplyDelete